Medicinska škola Varaždin
The Varaždin Nursing school has a fifty-year-long tradition. Back in 1958, it opened its door for the first time in the building currently known as the First high school Varaždin under the name 'Varaždin Secondary school for nurses'.
In the beginning, the school offered programs only for nurses and caretakers. In 1961, the school moves to the building of a former girls school of Ursuline sisters. The year 1979 brings a new educational program to the school: midwife. In the years following, educational programs widen in their variety: physiotherapist, sanitary technician, medical laboratory technician, and pharmacist. In the meanwhile, a permission is granted for educational programs for adults. During that time the school still operates inside the Ursuline monastery. Even though life with the Ursuline sisters was pleasant, the school yearned for its own space.
Finally, after all those years, and thanks to the great engagement of the Varaždin county, in 2005 the school gets its own space in the building of a former military ambulance in the Vinka Međerala 11 street and on January 16, 2006, classes begin on a new location. The following two years are spent in adapting the building on the inside and on the outside and the work is finished on the very 50th anniversary of the school's existence in 2008. Now the only educational program the school has never had was the one for dental technicians. The conditions for getting the permission for the mentioned profession were met in 2010 when the school started the setup of the dental laboratory. That school year, 2010/2011, for the first time in history, students were able to enroll in dental technician educational program.
Vinka Međerala 11,
Varaždin, Croatia 42000
Tel: +385 42 492 000